First off, a shout out to blogger, My Food Religion for posting this great recipe. I stumbled upon it earlier today while perusing other blogs and knew it was going to be on the menu for tonight’s dinner. It’s a no-brainer and super quick (minus figuring out the Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion part). I modified it slightly by dipping the chicken in beaten egg prior to coating it in the seasoning/flour mixture. In my experience, I feel like it helps the coating get crispier. I also baked the tenders at 400 degrees F, rather than the suggested 180 degrees C (356 degrees F) to ensure crispiness on the outside.
Grain-Free Chicken Tender Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- 2 – 3 Tbsp taco seasoning (I used Whole Foods brand taco seasoning blend, which is just spices and salt)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- Lettuce leaves
- Avocado slices
- Tomato slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix taco seasoning and almond flour in a mid-size bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and mix in 1/2 Tbsp water.
- Dip chicken tenders in the egg and then roll in seasoning/flour mixture until coated thoroughly. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until coating is crisp and chicken is cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Separate tenders into lettuce leaves and garnish with avocado and tomato slices.