Dinner was a bit on the later side this evening, as I was out at an employee appreciation event on Jesse’s behalf for Fulcrum Fitness, where he currently serves as the fitness director. We got home well past our regular dinnertime, so I really had to whip something up on the fly. I knew we had plenty of veggies in the fridge and some chicken breasts, so I turned to an old favorite and always satisfying, chicken curry. As long as there’s curry paste, coconut milk, protein and veggies, this can be created in the blink of an eye!
Chicken Curry (in a hurry!)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped (probably about 1.5 cups)
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste (or more if you like it spicier)
- 8.5 oz box Aroy-D coconut milk (or 1/2 – 2/3 of 14 oz can)
- Melt coconut oil in a pan and add onion. Let sauté for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast pieces and sauté about 5 minutes more.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste. Stir well to make sure curry paste breaks down and mixes into the milk.
- Add broccoli and carrots, and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- BAM dinner is done! Serve and eat. Yields 2-3 servings.