Simple Supper Friday: Coconut Turkey Stew
As a way to make it easier for people to actually make my ‘Simple Supper Friday’ meals on each specific Friday, I’m going to start posting the recipe earlier in the day versus after dinnertime at the end of the day. I usually always post the dinner I make on that Friday, but now I will share a quick and easy recipe that I made earlier in the week. I think it’s a win-win situation for all of us!
Today’s recipe is a foolproof, satisfying and delicious coconut turkey stew. There’s few ingredients in the recipe and not much prep or chopping, and only one pan involved – my favorite kind of recipe!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 C chopped kale (spinach, chard or collard greens will also work)
- 7 oz (half can) full fat coconut milk (*Note: I like the Natural Value brand w/ the red label or Aroy-D. Both are just pure coconut milk. No thickeners or preservatives)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté a few minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Add the ground turkey breast and sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the turkey is browned and cooked through after several minutes, add the cayenne and kale. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the coconut milk. Mix well and cook until the kale softens and wilts down a bit.
- Add more sea salt and pepper to taste if need be. Serve.