This recipe, inspired by Cinnamon Eats’s recent post (which she adapted from, It Starts With Food), came together on a whim this morning. I just got home from a great workout at Recreate Fitness and got to thinking about Cinnamon Eats’ spicy pear omelette. I didn’t feel like carefully crafting an omelette though, so decided I’d go with the messy scramble route instead. Here’s what came together:
- 1 ripe pear, chopped
- 2 pastured eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1/2 – 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dash of Himalayan sea salt
- Cinnamon to taste (I just shook a whole bunch on, the more the better)
- 1 Tbsp coconut cream concentrate (coconut butter is the same thing)
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Drizzle of raw honey, optional
- 2 Applegate Naturals chicken apple breakfast sausages or other sausage of choice
- Heat small skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken apple sausages and let cook, rotating every couple minutes until done. (I cook them straight from the freezer, so it takes about 8 minutes). Once done, keep in the pan on low to stay warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped pear and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the vanilla to the beaten eggs, along with the cinnamon and dash of sea salt. Then, add to the pan with the pear.
- Mix around to incorporate the scramble and continue to cook over medium or medium-low heat. Drizzle the coconut butter on top and mix together. Drizzle in the honey if using as well.
- Once the scramble is done or nearly done, mix in the walnuts. Serve with the chicken apple sausages.