Avocado Mousse Ice Cream
So, remember that Coconut Caramel Mousse Pie that I posted the other day? Well, while making that, I got the bright idea to use the avocado mousse to make ice cream. Crazy talk, right? Needless to say, I tried it out, and it turned out wonderfully. It’s not as bright green as the mousse initially is on its own, and it does still turn a little brown in the freezer, but the taste is all there. I suppose a little citrus in the mix would probably help — I just wouldn’t want it to change the flavor at all. Lime might actually taste pretty good in there though, especially with the coconut. Feel free to give it a shot and let me know how it goes!
- 1 batch avocado mousse (see recipe here)
- 1-1/2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- Dash of sea salt
- Raw honey, to taste (I probably used 1/2 Tbsp)
- Splash of pure vanilla extract (probably about 1/2 tsp. Remember, there’s already some in the mousse mixture)
- Mix mousse mixture and remaining ingredients together in a blender or food processor (if large enough that it won’t leak!). Blend until smooth and well incorporated. If need be, you can mix everything together in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and slowly pour in the mixture. Let process about 20 minutes, and then transfer to a bowl and store in the freezer.