We’ve been having a stellar time in Honolulu and have eaten a lot of delicious meals out! But, we decided to dine in one night and grill up some burgers. We kept things simple, but jazzed up the burgers with black lava sea salt.
The addition of finishing salt definitely took the burgers to the next level, and added a nice smoky flavor and delicate crunch. As stated on the package, “black lava contains premium activated coconut-shell charcoal, an anti-toxin and digestive aid.” What a bonus!
For dessert, we had fresh island papaya. It was delicious.
Burgers with Black Lava Sea Salt
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef (I even got to use Hawaiian grass-fed beef!)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Small clamshell of mixed greens
- Avocado slices
- Persian or pickling cucumber slices
- Palm Island black lava sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with salt and pepper. Form into four small patties, or two large if you want bigger patties.
- Place patties on a grill over medium-high heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Serve on top of mixed greens with cucumber slices and avocado. Garnish the burgers with a pinch of black lava sea salt (seriously, only a pinch … a little goes a long way).