Happy New Year everyone! Last night was a bit unusual for me … Jesse and I went out to dinner with another couple (that part isn’t weird), I ordered a pulled pork dish and enjoyed it (I don’t really care much for pork, except bacon, so it’s surprising that I ordered this), went to two bars after dinner (I literally never go to bars. I only had two drinks all night though because I was a DD and don’t like to drink a lot), and rang in the New Year freezing my buns off at a park overlooking the city. Jesse enjoyed his birthday drinks and insisted that we all go to his favorite park, Overlook Park, and swing for a little bit and ring in the New Year there. We were only outside about 10 minutes — long enough to swing a little, countdown to the New Year, and smooch when 2013 rolled in. Then, it was time to go home. It’s what Jesse wanted and he was happy. Lucky for him, our friends and I played along. I will say though, Jesse didn’t have the best aim when kissing me at Midnight! It made us both laugh pretty hard!
Anyway, moving into 2013, here are some things I’m looking forward to:
- Completing my fitness technology and healthy older adult fitness education at PCC. I have to go to school through the summer, so I won’t be done until August or September. It’s not that far away, but there’s a lot of work to be done to get there! I remind myself everyday to enjoy the process. There are definitely some perks to being a student again anyway. Live it up!
- Getting married! We’re not having a big traditional wedding, but plan to have a private ceremony out here in the late spring with an officiant and two witnesses (we already know who we’re going to ask to be witnesses and we conveniently have a friend that’s an officiant). I’m thinking a park up in the hills, called Council Crest. It’s where Jesse first told me he loved me. Then, in late August or early September, we’re having a party with family and close friends back in Michigan. It’s going to be fantastic!
- Cooking and creating more original recipes. Enough said.
- Learning more blog stuff. Really, I need to get a WordPress book. Recommendations anyone?
- Further developing my role at Recreate, once I’m done with school. I hope to be more involved and attain a handful of private clients.
- Meeting new friends and followers through my blog. I’m already amazed at all the relationships I’ve developed and how many people I’ve met by way of my blog. Additionally, many people have reached out to me privately seeking advice, insight, and asking questions. It’s so humbling and really, I love it.
- Learning more about myself. I really surprised myself in 2012. During the second half of 2012, after I was laid off, I took more risks, worried less, and paved the way to pursue my passions. I didn’t know I was capable of being so happy and life has never felt so right. I can’t wait to see where I take myself in 2013!
- Growing stronger, both physically and mentally. With every challenge I encounter, I have the power to decide how I want to be. I can create what I want for myself and that’s an incredible power. It’s a gift that’s in all of us, but it’s a matter of activating the power and seizing opportunities. Grab the bull by the horns, right?