I have an incredibly easy and satisfying breakfast recipe for all of you: smoked salmon breakfast hash. This recipe is great not only for breakfast, but also for lunch or dinner. In fact, I made it for my lunch this past weekend.
Feel free to swap out the cabbage for another vegetable, based on what you like and have on hand. Kale, spinach, chard or collards would also work well. For a little extra fat and nutrients, serve with sliced avocado too.
Another great thing about this recipe, is that you can make it ahead of time and reheat it later on. So, if you need breakfast to-go in the morning, make this the night before and grab it out of the fridge before you leave. It holds up just fine in the fridge, reheats well and is more exciting than an on-the-go breakfast of hard-boiled eggs and such.
Cheers and enjoy!
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Hash
- 1/2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 3-4 oz smoked wild salmon fillet or lox, shredded (I use this brand)
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 pastured eggs, beaten
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 2 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- Black lava finishing salt for garnish, optional (I use this brand)
- Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and season with sea salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth and saute a few minutes, until softened.
- Next, add the eggs, smoked salmon and coconut milk. Add more sea salt and pepper, if desired. Mix together with a spatula and continue to cook over medium-low heat until eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with black lava salt, if using.
Yields: 1 serving