Creamy Cinnamon Chicken
As stated by Jesse, “this meal is like dessert.” I can’t help but agree with the accuracy of his description. After all, it’s creamy, coconutty and cinnamony, and the butternut squash adds a touch of sweetness. It’s a beautiful combination.
On another note, it’s officially my birthday week! I enjoy celebrating my birthday every year, whether I do something low-key or not. I just like birthdays. I don’t typically celebrate all week long, and honestly, don’t really have the time to do so right now, but will do something special on my actual birth day. It’s this Saturday, if you’re wondering, and I’ll be turning 28 years young. It’s going to be a hectic week school-wise, so I’m looking forward to getting there.
Anyway, happy Monday and I hope you all enjoy this recipe!
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1-3 tsp coconut flour, if needed for thickening
- Butternut squash, roasted and mashed, optional
- Melt coconut pan in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and saute a few minutes. Mix in the cinnamon and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and the coconut butter; stir. Allow chicken to continue to cook over medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes. Thicken with coconut flour if needed and add up to 1/2 cup more coconut milk, if needed or desired.
- I recommend serving over mashed butternut squash. Alternatively, you can use a veggie of your choice.
Yields: ~5 servings