Lately, I’ve been making cauliflower rice a lot more. I think it’s because I got a new bigger food processor that makes prep a breeze. Before, I was using a tiny 4-cup prep food processor and had to rice cauliflower in multiple batches, which took a fair amount of time. It didn’t come as a big surprise when the motor in that little guy crapped out. I always pushed its limits and take full credit for it’s death (on the bright side, I got my money back, even after having it for over a year). Now, my 11-cup Cuisinart rices the crap out of cauliflower! Thanks to my sis, Ashley for giving me this as a wedding shower gift. I definitely needed it!
Anyway, I love the versatility of cauliflower rice and appreciate how easy it is to prepare. Sometimes though, it gets boring, so it’s nice to create different variations. This specific recipe is great with stir fry, curry, stew or something as simple as baked chicken thighs. I’ll leave it up to you to decide what you want to serve it with.
Red Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3-4 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Toss chopped cauliflower pieces into the food processor. Pulse several times until cauliflower is riced.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the riced cauliflower and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Cook for a couple minutes. Then, add the cayenne and paprika, and stir.
- Continue to cook for a few more minutes over medium-low heat. Adjust seasonings if need be.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded coconut.