Whew, I’m back! Jury duty bogged me down the past couple days and as interesting as it was, I’m glad to have my time back. There was a lot of waiting, but I did get chosen as a juror for a criminal case and it ended up being kinda fun. I enjoyed sitting as a juror for an actual trial, but the process in getting there was a little cumbersome. Anyway, I’m good for another two years now and that first experience is over.
As some of you know from my photo on Facebook last week, I received a pack of Paleo Wraps to test and review. I’m not sharing my full review yet, but thought I’d share my experience thus far.
I’ve only eaten two of the wraps so far, in the form of this recipe and let me tell you, it is amazing — the wrap and all! The sweetness of the banana, the spice of the curry, the creaminess of the sunflower seed butter and the fresh flavor of the chard combine beautifully. And, the wrap is the perfect vehicle for all the ingredients and holds together well. There’s a slight crispness and crunch from the wrap and the chard, but the softness of the banana and sunflower seed butter complement it nicely. In a nutshell, this wrap is downright rad! Jesse agreed on its yum factor as well.
*Note, if you don’t have access to Paleo Wraps, you can simply wrap the banana strips, sunflower seed butter, curry and sea salt together inside a whole, stemmed chard leaf.
- 1 Paleo Wrap
- 1/2 large banana or 1 small banana, cut into long thin strips
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup chard, cut into long strips
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened sunflower seed butter (I used Once Again Organic Sugar & Salt Free)
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp curry powder
- Dash of sea salt, optional, but recommended if sunflower seed butter is unsalted
- Place Paleo Wrap on a plate and spread a thick smear of sunflower seed butter in the middle. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Next, place the chard and banana strips in the middle of the wrap, atop of the sunflower seed butter or just to the side of it. Sprinkle with curry powder.
- Wrap, eat and savor!
Yields: 1 serving