Fluffy Lemon Cauliflower Rice
I know I’ve been dragging my feet a bit with my recipes lately, but I finally have a good one for you! I don’t like sharing half ass recipes that I try to whip together just because I need a post and I’ve vowed not to do that. I’ve also learned that some of my best recipes come on their own accord — naturally and unforced. It’s in these situations when I tend to feel most creative and things come together. On the other hand, when I try too hard to think of a recipe to make and share, it just doesn’t happen (most of the time). I think that’s been part of my problem lately. That, and I’ve been resorting to really simple and basic meals lately, some of which I’ve already shared.
Anyway, this lemon cauliflower rice is incredibly refreshing and pairs nicely with chicken or mild fish. I didn’t have any fresh herbs on hand, but a garnish of fresh thyme, parsley or rosemary would be delicious with the lemony flavor of the rice. We ate our rice with sauteed kale and chicken breasts seasoned with sea salt and a generous amount of black pepper. It was divine!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (make sure it’s pure!)
- Place raw cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse until riced. If need be, do this in two batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the riced cauliflower and stir. Next, add the sea salt and continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cauliflower rice is heated through and maybe browned slightly, remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. If need be, add more sea salt to taste.
- Serve warm with protein of choice (see recommendations above).
Yields: 4-5 side dish servings