This fluffy lemon cauliflower rice is incredibly refreshing and pairs nicely with chicken or mild fish. It’s also easy to make and involves few ingredients.
I didn’t have any fresh herbs on hand, but a garnish of fresh thyme, parsley or rosemary would also be delicious with the lemony flavor of the rice. We ate our lemon cauliflower rice with sauteed kale and chicken breasts seasoned with sea salt and a generous amount of black pepper. It was divine!
Fluffy Lemon Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place raw cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse until riced. If need be, do this in two batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the riced cauliflower and stir. Next, add the sea salt and continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cauliflower rice is heated through and maybe browned slightly, remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. If need be, add more sea salt to taste.
- Serve warm with protein of choice (see recommendations above).
Yields: 4-5 side dish servings