This fluffy lemon cauliflower rice is incredibly refreshing and pairs nicely with chicken or mild fish. It’s also easy to make and involves few ingredients.
I didn’t have any fresh herbs on hand, but a garnish of fresh thyme, parsley or rosemary would also be delicious with the lemony flavor of the rice. We ate our lemon cauliflower rice with sauteed kale and chicken breasts seasoned with sea salt and a generous amount of black pepper. It was divine!
Fluffy Lemon Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place raw cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse until riced. If need be, do this in two batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the riced cauliflower and stir. Next, add the sea salt and continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cauliflower rice is heated through and maybe browned slightly, remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. If need be, add more sea salt to taste.
- Serve warm with protein of choice (see recommendations above).
Yields: 4-5 side dish servings
This looks wonderful. Great job!
Thank you! It is wonderful 😉
Stay Healthy, Stay Happy
This sounds delish! I’m going to try it out ASAP. I made cauliflower pizza crust recently — Cauliflower is my new obsession.
I love cauliflower a lot too! I made a crust with it once and really enjoyed it. It took a bit of time though because of prepping the cauliflower and squeezing the water out before mixing it with the other ingredients to make the “dough” (some people don’t do the draining part though). When I have time, I’ll have to make it again though! I also love mashed cauliflower with lots of butter 🙂
Alisa I’m just getting caught up with your blog posts and I love this recipe! Funnily enough just before I left for Australia I made a cauliflower rice, lamb meatball dish and added lemon zest on top. I love how lemon brings out the flavours in everything else! Will be trying your ‘rice’ out for sure 🙂
That sounds delicious! Lamb meatballs would be great with this 🙂
This sounds awesome. I love roasted cauliflower, so this will be great.
Why didn’t I think of this? Cauliflower and lemon!
It’s darn delicious!
Added chopped parsley. Wonderful, even leftover the next day at room temp.
Good idea with the chopped parsley! Parsley tastes really good with lemon!