Whether you’re looking for a new vegetable side dish recipe or not, you’ve got to try this cauliflower! It is so flavorful and tastes absolutely wonderful with baked chicken. The almond flour and seasoning mixture acts as Italian “breadcrumbs,” and turns brown and slightly crispy in the oven, with the help of some glorious melted gold (aka grass-fed butter). It makes the house smell like an Italian feast and will literally make your mouth water. I think it would also taste delightful dipped in some Marinara sauce with Italian meatballs. Really, there are many possibilities.
Inspired by this recipe.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ~1/4 cup chicken or beef bone broth, preferably homemade
- 4-5 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1.5 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cauliflower florets in a 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan. Pour the broth on top.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and add the sea salt and black pepper. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, oregano, parsley and granulated garlic (or garlic powder).
- Sprinkle the almond flour mixture evenly over the cauliflower florets. Then, evenly drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Cover with a lid (if your pan has an oven-proof one that fits) or aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove cover/foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes more.