Sautés of ground meat and veggies like this southwest beef and broccoli slaw has been one of my favorite, easy, go-to meals lately. I can easily change the flavor by using different spices and Tessemae’s All Natural dressings, and adding any extra veggies I have on hand. It always satisfies and I don’t get sick of it.
My schedule varies and some nights I don’t get home until late in the evening, so having this easy and quick option to throw together is great. Plus, I always look forward to eating it. Also, even though I didn’t do it here, I usually always toss some avocado slices on top because avocado makes everything better.
Cheers and happy Friday!
Southwest Beef and Broccoli Slaw
- 1.5 tsp grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 large carrots, sliced into thin coins (rounds)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 oz bag broccoli slaw
- Tessemae’s Southwest Ranch, for drizzling on top, once served
- Melt butter, ghee or coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and garlic, and saute about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, add the ground beef and break up with a spatula. After a minute or so, add the sliced carrots and season to taste with a little sea salt and black pepper. Stir well, and then add the cumin and chili powder.
- After 5-7 minutes, once meat is browned, add the broccoli slaw. Stir and season to taste with a bit more sea salt and pepper, if desired.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes or until slaw has softened a bit.
- Once done, serve into bowls and drizzle Tessemae’s Southwest Ranch dressing on top. You can also drizzle this over the whole pan after removing it from the heat, but it’s a little spicy and best served individually. If desired, throw some avocado slices on top too.
Yields: 3 servings