This ginger pulled pork…oh my gosh! I can’t even put into words how delicious this turned out. The picture doesn’t do it justice one bit (thank you Portland rain and gray skies for the darkened quality), but the flavor is truly impeccable. I strongly encourage you all to try this recipe. It will not disappoint.
I recommend eating the meat on top of steamed greens and topping with avocado slices. If you have cilantro on hand, throw that on top too!
Cheers and enjoy!
Ginger Pulled Pork and Veggies
- ~2.5 lb boneless pork loin roast
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped (keep or remove seeds as you like)
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth, preferably homemade or water
- 1 heaping Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Heaping 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 3 large carrots, sliced into large pieces
- 1/2 large head red cabbage, chopped
- Generously sprinkle pork roast with sea salt and pepper. Place in a hot skillet over medium to medium-high heat and brown for 4 minutes each side (add a little coconut oil, if needed as well). Once done, place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil. Once melted, add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add the broth or water, and tomato paste. Scrape up the brown bits from the roast and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the slow cooker, along with the sliced carrots. Pour in the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar and sprinkle in the mustard powder. Then, add the chopped cabbage and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Place slow cooker on low and cook for 7-8 hours or cook on high for 5-6.
- Once done, shred the pork roast with two forks or tongs and serve.