I’ve had this recipe for lavender meltaways brewing in my head for a while now and finally got around to testing it out recently. These are delectable little fat bombs with a refreshing lemony and lavender flavor. They’re the perfect after dinner treat and quite satisfying too.
The lavender in these is just right and tastes so lovely. If you’re not a fan of lavender, you can omit the oil (and flowers) and add 2 drops of peppermint or orange essential oil instead. These also taste great plain, but I think it’s fun to add a little something extra.
Note: please make sure to only use pure therapeutic essential oils for cooking. Many essential oils that are sold in stores are not 100% pure and can be chemically adulterated. These are not meant for consumption! My essential oil of choice is Young Living. Learn where to get high quality essential oils HERE.
- 7 oz box coconut cream concentrate, melted (find here)
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 drop lavender essential oil (find out where to buy therapeutic grade oils HERE)
- Dried lavender flowers for garnishing, optional
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients together until smooth (the texture will be a little gritty from the coconut cream concentrate — just make sure it’s all blended well!).
- Then, add the drop of lavender essential oil and stir again.
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini paper liners. Alternatively, you can place the liners on a baking sheet, but they might be a little misshapen. Spoon mixture into the liners.
- Place in the fridge to chill about 10-15 minutes (mixture should still be a little tacky). Remove and garnish with lavender flowers, if using. Then place back in the fridge to set completely.
- Store in the refrigerator. You can eat them cold, right out of the fridge or let them soften slightly at room temperature before eating.
Yields: 17 meltaways
This truly looks heavenly. Way to knock it out of the park!
Thanks, Ashley! I’m pretty proud of this one too!
Yay, an AIP-friendly recipe that I can make now! Totally making these this weekend since our current stock of fat bombs are almost gone. These look so good!
Yay is right! I hope you enjoy them 🙂
These look awesome! My wife and I just started trying essential oils so we will definitely try this recipe!
Dr. Chris Cooper
These look great! I recently started getting into essential oils, so this post is perfect timing!