The warmer days are becoming more and more abundant and we’re getting closer to actual summer, which means more salads and other cold foods like this pepperoni “pasta” salad. I love the change in eating that each season brings and look forward to the variety that each season offers.
This cold “noodle” salad is reminiscent of pizza and tastes incredible. It’s fresh, light, and full of Italian flavor. The “Rawmesan” really brings the salad together and adds a wonderful cheesy flavor minus the actual cheese. If you don’t want to buy it, you can also make your own by following this recipe. It’s very easy. Alternatively, you can opt for some high-quality Parmesan if you tolerate it. I personally do okay with small amounts of aged cheese, like Parmesan, but find that I feel better without cheese completely and prefer to mostly avoid it. So, I opted for the Rawmesan. Do what’s best for you.
I recommend eating this within a couple days, as the zucchini starts to soften slightly and more water is drawn out (of course, it still tastes good though). If you do have leftovers, it works well to add a little more zucchini and fresh basil the next day.
Meanwhile, I’m off to NYC bright and early this morning for an intense 3-day kettlebell training and then some fun. I can’t wait, as I love NYC!
Cheers and enjoy!
Pepperoni “Pasta” Salad
- 3-4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 4 oz package Applegate Farms mini turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- About 1/3 cup Rawmesan or high-quality Parmesan cheese, if tolerated
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, basil, red onion, and pepperoni.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, garlic granules, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well with tongs. Lastly, mix in the Rawmesan or Parmesan cheese. Serve.