These smoky roasted sweet potato wedges are a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken, fish, burgers, sausage, and more. They’re great for the remaining days of summer, yet versatile enough to eat all year long. The flavor is perfectly smoky with a pleasant dash of turmeric spice and garlic (and of course, salt!). I enjoyed these dipped in yellow mustard, but also thought they tasted fantastic on their own.
Meanwhile, I hope you were able to catch the eclipse this past Monday. In my neighborhood here in Portland, I got to witness it at 99.3%. It was phenomenal and bizarre to feel the temperature drop, see the light fade, and hear animals around me create a stir. It was powerful and I couldn’t help but be moved to tears!
Cheers and enjoy!
P.S. Catch me on KATU Afternoon Live tomorrow, August 25! I’ll be making my cashew butter and jelly bars!
Smoky Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 large or 2 mid-size sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges with skin on (I used white sweet potatoes, but any variety will work)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl or rectangular dish, combine all the ingredients and toss well with tongs. Then, line in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 17.5 minutes. Flip and bake for another 17.5 minutes. (Note: if your oven runs hot, you may want to check the sweet potatoes a bit sooner).
Yields: 2-3 servings
Leave a Reply