This grain-free “rice” stuffing is perfectly savory and tastes like Thanksgiving. Its flavor and texture is impeccable, and I can’t even fathom how incredible it would taste with turkey. It’s been amazing with chicken, and I think it would also pair well with mild fish, pork tenderloin, and even eggs. If you ask me, it’s a must-have side dish for the holiday season!
Since this stuffing is not grain-based, it doesn’t leave you with that heavy belly, carb coma feeling. Instead, it’s veggie based, light, and leaves you feeling great. No stomach aches or fatigue!
Cheers and enjoy!
Grain-Free “Rice” Stuffing
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 16 oz package cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth, homemade or high-quality store-bought
- 5.29 oz package roasted & peeled chestnuts, roughly chopped (I used this brand)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion, celery, and carrot, and sauté 6-7 minutes or until softened.
- Next, add the mushrooms, cauliflower rice, poultry seasoning, dried sage, sea salt and black pepper. Stir well and cook for 8-10 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, chestnuts, and fresh parsley. Stir well, cover, and cook for another 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Lastly, stir in the chopped pecans and serve.