Even though I’m not really a sports person and have no idea which teams are playing in the Super Bowl this year, I’m still happy to offer a recipe for all you Super Bowl partakers out there. And, of course, it’s a healthier version of a party classic. Enter: dairy-free buffalo chicken dip.
Oddly enough, I’ve never had buffalo chicken dip and am straight up not a chicken wings fan either. With that said, this version of buffalo chicken dip was my first time ever having something of the sorts. And, I liked it…a lot! If you’re looking for other healthier versions of party food to share at your Super Bowl gathering, be sure to check out my spinach artichoke dip too.
Also, I’ll be making this recipe on KATU Afternoon Live next Friday, February 2, so stay tuned! Oh, and if you didn’t get my update on Facebook and Instagram, my January segment that I recorded earlier this month will be shared at a later time. It was recorded, but the main host and producer were sick, so they had to do things a little differently that day. I’ll be sure to share it once it’s released!
UPDATE: watch the replay of my segment HERE.
Cheers and enjoy!
Dairy-Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup homemade avocado oil mayonnaise or a high-quality brand like this one
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Original — it’s straight forward and clean)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 3/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
Options for serving:
- Sliced veggies (celery, carrots, cucumber, etc.)
- Plantain chips
- Grain-free tortilla chips
- Sweet potato chips
- On top of salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add shredded chicken to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the mayo, hot sauce, and all the spices except for the chives. Pour over shredded chicken and stir to coat.
- Pour chicken mixture into an 8×8 baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly and light brown. Garnish with chives and serve warm.