This mighty green chicken salad is fresh, zesty, herby, and a tad spicy. The avocado base is combined with lime, jalapeño, fresh ginger, mint, cilantro and more to create a refreshing twist on the common chicken salad. It’s definitely reminiscent of spring and summer, and makes for a delicious lunch that comes together in a pinch.
I enjoyed eating this over greens with plantain chips on the side. It would also be fantastic with grain-free lime tortilla chips, in a grain-free tortilla or lettuce wrap, on top of a baked sweet potato, or with sliced veggies. Lots of possibilities to say the least!
Cheers and enjoy!
UPDATE: Catch the replay from Tuesday, April 10 of me making this recipe on KATU Afternoon Live. Visit HERE to watch!
Mighty Green Chicken Salad
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cubed (roughly 1 lb or so of meat)
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced into quarters and peeled
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (leave some seeds in if you want it spicier)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado. Add the all the remaining ingredients, except the chicken and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Next, add the chicken into the avocado mixture and stir well to coat.
- Serve over greens, with sliced veggies, plantain chips, or in a grain-free tortilla or lettuce wrap.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
[…] note, I’ll be back on KATU Afternoon Live next Tuesday, April 10 and will be making my mighty green chicken salad. Stay […]