Looking for an easy, healthy and satisfying grab n’ go breakfast? Look no further! I’ve got you covered with these breakfast taco egg muffins.
I loaded these egg muffins with arugula, tomato, cilantro, green onion, jalapeño and taco seasonings. The flavor is so fresh and just a touch zesty. These are very customizable too, so swap or add anything as you like!
These egg muffins (also called egg cups) are:
- loaded with veggies
- a good source of protein
- super delicious
- easy to make
- a perfect breakfast for on-the-go
Cheers and enjoy!
Loaded with veggies, spices and fresh herbs, these dairy-free breakfast taco egg muffins are a great grab-and-go breakfast!
- 6 eggs, preferably pasture-raised
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (keep some of the seeds if you want it spicier)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or other variety, chopped
- 1-1.5 cups arugula, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sliced avocado, for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners (makes 10) and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic, oregano, paprika, sea salt and black pepper.
Then, add the green onion, cilantro, jalapeño, tomato and arugula. Stir well to incorporate.
Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full. Place in preheated oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until tops are firm and muffins are cooked through.
Once done, cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing. Then, muffins on cooling rack to cool further.