I just made the absolute best breakfast sandwich with these paleo biscuits. No joke, everything about it was pure bliss and thinking about it makes my mouth water for more. For you former Egg McMuffin lovers out there (or current Egg McMuffin lovers), give these a shot instead. Your body will thank you.
I got the idea in my head last night after making some biscuits to go with dinner, and could not wait for breakfast this morning! These grain-free biscuits are so versatile, flavorful and easy. I only made a half batch, but next time will definitely make the full recipe (as shown below). These can easily be frozen as well.
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 eggs, preferably pasture-raised
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp raw honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add the eggs, melted butter (or ghee or coconut oil), vinegar and raw honey, if using. Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Drop large tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a greased baking sheet.
- Run a wet hand or spoon over each biscuit to smooth out and flatten a bit.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Yields: 12 biscuits.
Assembling the breakfast sandwich:
Toast a halved biscuit and smear ghee or butter on each half. Top with a fried egg and avocado slices. Of course, you can also top it with a sausage patty, nitrate-free bacon, tomato, etc.