I have a love affair with bananas. So naturally, sharing a grain-free banana cake recipe seemed like more than a great idea.
I admit though, I recently decided to cut back my banana addiction because it had become a bit too frequent and consistent. Not that I was eating five a day or anything (I’d occasionally have two a day), but I came to the realization that I had eaten one nearly every day since October! I can’t help it … I love eating them mashed up in 24-hour yogurt, eating slices with coconut butter spread on top, and using them to make pancakes (so easy – mashed ripe banana, two eggs, cinnamon and sometimes 1 or 2 Tbsp of almond butter mixed in or spread on top).
So anyway, I’ve been giving my system a little bit of a banana break, and after going a couple weeks of not eating bananas at all, I may now have one or two in a week’s time. I think this is much more reasonable.
But, in this case, I chose to meet my weekly banana quota by way of a delectable, moist, subtly sweet banana cake. Basically, it’s like banana bread in the shape of a round cake instead of a loaf. I like to eat it with fresh Oregon strawberries and a dollop of my homemade 24-hour yogurt. Coconut whipped cream would also be wonderful.
Grain-Free Banana Cake
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup melted grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 pastured eggs, beaten
- 3-4 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl. In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until top springs back when touched.
Turned out Fabulous! Thank you for the recipe.
Happy to hear it! Thanks for trying the recipe! 🙂