Making these almond banana cookies made for a very relaxing Sunday afternoon. I love a fun baking project every now and again.
These cookies are soft and nutty with a slight sweetness from the ripe banana. They’re healthy, grain-free, easy to make and have no added sugar. Also, I wish I could share smells with you because these smelled so wonderful while baking, but hopefully you can experience it on your own!
Cheers and enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by Everyday Paleo’s, nutty cookies.
Almond Banana Cookies
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 5 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 C plus 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 C sliced raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash banana in large bowl with a fork. Add coconut flour, baking soda and almond butter; mix thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
Yields: 12 cookies