This coconut turkey stew makes for a foolproof, satisfying and delicious meal that comes together in a flash. There’s not many ingredients and very little prep or chopping, which makes it super simple. Plus, there’s only one pan involved — my favorite kind of meal!
Keep this recipe on hand when life is busy, and you need something healthy and quick. But, really, this recipe is a winner anytime.
Coconut Turkey Stew
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale (spinach, chard or collard greens will also work)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (I like this brand and this brand)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté a few minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Add the ground turkey, along with the sea salt and pepper to taste.
- After several minutes, once the turkey is browned and cooked through, add the cayenne and kale. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the coconut milk. Mix well and cook until the kale softens and wilts down a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add more sea salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve.