Meatza is delicious, simple and versatile, but a way to make it even simpler is to take it apart and destroy its form. That’s exactly what I did with this destructed pesto meatza.
I decided to use dairy-free pesto sauce, rather than tomato because I had some fresh basil that I needed to use up ASAP! I didn’t really follow any sort of recipe or measurements for my pesto, but here’s roughly what I did:
- To the food processor, add two cloves of garlic, about 1/2 – 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, about 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, about two to three tablespoons of raw walnuts, and sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend everything together until all the ingredients are ground up and well incorporated.
- Taste and adjust any ingredients if necessary.
- Set aside.
- 1/2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into quarter slices
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 head of kale, chopped and steamed
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey and mix around in the pan, breaking up the chunks of meat.
- After a minute or two, add the mushrooms and zucchini to cook with the browning meat. Add sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once the meat is browned, add the chopped tomatoes. I also added several sliced cherry tomatoes that I needed to use up. Stir well.
- Now, take the pesto and add it to the pan with the meat and veggies. Stir well and add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Serve on top of a bed of steamed kale.
[…] Primal Corner – Simple Supper: Destructed Pesto Meatza […]
[…] http://paleoinpdx.com/2012/07/27/simple-supper-friday-destructed-pesto-meatza/ http://paleohacks.com/questions/146636/paleo-diet-and-organ-meats http://paleolithicrecipes.com/paleolithic-recipes/everyday-paleo-meal-plan/ http://paleolithicrecipes.com/paleolithic-recipes/pork-roast-paleo-recipes/ http://paleohacks.com/questions/24803/how-is-coffee-primal http://paleolithicrecipes.com/paleolithic-recipes/paleo-recipe-with-apples/ http://keeprecipes.com/recipe/howtocook/paleo-bread-18 http://stevesoriginal.com/blog/paleo_plus_all_about_dairy_part_2/ […]
[…] Destructed Pesto Meatza […]
[…] 12. Destructed Pesto Meatza […]