Wedding Weekend

Jesse and I had the privilege of attending our friend’s wedding this weekend in Welches, a little ski town about 45 minutes from Portland. It was a lovely wedding at her parent’s house with beautiful decorations, wonderful food and good company. Some guests even camped in the yard/woods after the wedding, us included. The weather was incredibly hot (probably upper 80s or low 90s), especially for the mountain, but I think it was hot everywhere in the Pacific Northwest over the weekend. Everyone was sweating up a storm and I felt bad for the guys wearing long pants and shirts. Had the wedding been in Portland instead, it would have been even hotter though (in the 100+ range).

My getup for the wedding
My getup for the wedding, minus my jewelry. I wore my silver filagree necklace that has my dear grandma’s ashes in it, along with two different silver rings and little pearl earrings (in case you care to know).
Jesse setting up our tent for the night
Jesse setting up our tent for the night. I didn’t stand there and watch the whole time … I swear I helped a little bit.
Handsome Jesse, playing games on his phone while waiting for the bride to come down the aisle. Typical!
Bride and groom ... husband and wife
Bride and groom … husband and wife.
Beautiful awning full of vines and lights
Beautiful awning full of vines and lights. Is this considered an awning or am I off?
My meal of salad, asparagus and salmon
My meal of salad, asparagus and salmon. It was delicious!
Colorful lanterns above the dance floor
Colorful lanterns above the dance floor.
A little snippet of the two of us
A little snippet of the two of us.
Our view at breakfast Sunday morning. We stopped and ate at The Resort at The Mountain.
Our view at breakfast Sunday morning. We stopped and ate at The Resort at The Mountain, right across and down the road from the bride’s parent’s house. (Note: taken with iPhone camera).
Sunday night dinner
Despite feeling tired on Sunday after the festivities, Jesse and I still managed to whip together a wonderful dinner of grilled grass-fed flank steak (from US Wellness Meats), steamed wax beans with grass-fed ghee, and kale, cherry tomatoes and garlic sautéed in grass-fed beef tallow (also from US Wellness Meats). Eating well isn’t and doesn’t have to be hard, even when you’re tired!

8 thoughts on “Wedding Weekend

1. girlmeetspaleo August 6, 2012 / 3:19 pm

Love that picture of the lanterns!!! I just started using tallow and I love it! I saved the fat from when I made bone broth, turned out great!

• paleoinportland August 6, 2012 / 3:22 pm

Thanks, it is a pretty picture, isn’t it? I actually can’t take credit for that one — someone else that was at the wedding posted it to Facebook and I snagged it. I thought it was too pretty not to include. Plus, I realized I didn’t get a picture of the lanterns.

Homemade tallow … very nice! Have you ever used it in baking? I’m curious.

• girlmeetspaleo August 6, 2012 / 5:24 pm

I haven’t!! It smells a bit too meaty to me, unless it were savory baaking! mmm like biscuits!

2. The Farmers Taft August 6, 2012 / 7:09 pm

I think that wooden structure overhead is a very elaborate pergola. And I love the kissy pic of you and Jesse.

• paleoinportland August 6, 2012 / 8:59 pm

So that’s what that thing is called. I had no idea … thanks for filling me in! Aw, I’m glad you like our lovey dovey picture 🙂

3. paleoinportland August 6, 2012 / 8:56 pm

That’s what I was wondering about. You’re right, I bet it’d be great in some savory biscuits!

4. Corrie Anne August 6, 2012 / 9:50 pm

What a gorgeous wedding! Love those colorful lanterns.

• paleoinportland August 6, 2012 / 10:09 pm

It was gorgeous, Corrie Anne! You should have seen how beautiful everything looked at night — the string of lanterns, candles lit on all the tables and large-bulb white string lights on the pergola. It was lovely.