So, remember that Coconut Caramel Mousse Pie that I posted recently? Well, while making that, I got the bright idea to use the mousse to make avocado mousse ice cream. Crazy talk, right?
Needless to say, I tried it out, and it turned out wonderfully. It’s not as bright green as the mousse initially is on its own, and it does still turn a little brown in the freezer, but the taste is all there. I suppose a little citrus in the mix would probably help — I just wouldn’t want it to change the flavor at all. Lime might actually taste pretty good in there though, especially with the coconut. Feel free to give it a shot and let me know how it goes!
Avocado Mousse Ice Cream
- 1 batch avocado mousse (see recipe here)
- 1.5 cans full-fat coconut milk
- Dash of sea salt
- Raw honey, to taste (I probably used ~1/2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix mousse mixture and remaining ingredients together in a blender or food processor (if large enough that it won’t leak!). Blend until smooth and well incorporated. If need be, you can mix everything together in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and slowly pour in the mixture. Let process about 20 minutes, and then transfer to a bowl and store in the freezer.
looks wonderful! love oregon, btw!
Thanks, it is wonderful 😉 Yes, Oregon is pretty great!
oh my this looks heavenly. definitely want to try this one out 🙂
It’s a creamy, yummy, fatty treat. I love coconut and avocado, so it’s pretty much a match made in heaven!
Thanks! It is 😉
I still have not bought an ice cream maker and I am green with envy every time you post an ice cream recipe 🙂 that looks so good!
Haha! One of these days you’re going to break down and buy one … I know it! Especially if I keep posting delicious ice creams 😉
Living For Life
This looks amazing. It is now officially on my list to try.
Haha, thanks! It’s delightful 😉
Guess what I just bought 😉 ice cream bonanza here I come!
Yeah!! So excited for you and can’t wait to see what you create! I promise you won’t regret buying it 😉