Since I’ve made caramel from dates for different treat recipes, I figured it’d be easy enough to modify a bit and turn into a dip. I went slow and adjusted the the ingredients incrementally, taste-tasting each time. The taste and consistency came out perfectly and Jesse even raved about it too. It’s salty, sweet, gooey and thick.
Salted Almond Caramel Dip
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted (heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tbsp water (I used 5 Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp smooth unsweetened almond butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream concentrate (aka coconut butter)
- 1 Tbsp room temp grass-fed butter
- Add dates to the food processor and blend until the dates are ground up (might turn into a ball – that’s okay). If your dates are drier, soak in boiling water for 10-20 minutes before blending in the food processor.
- Add two tablespoons of the water and all the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Add in two more tablespoons of water and blend again. Add up to two additional tablespoons of water until desired consistency is reached. It should be somewhat thick, but not too thick.
- Adjust flavor to your liking and serve with sliced apples or pears. It’d be delicious spread on banana slices too.