After making this recipe, it occurred to me why I never make granola … it’s way too addicting. It’s hard for me to stop picking and nibbling at it, but gosh it’s good. It’s especially good with the thick, rich, half-and-half 24-hour yogurt (made with pasture raised half-and-half) that I have in my fridge right now. Each of these things is a treat on its own, but combined is even better. It’d be delicious with full-fat coconut milk as well, or homemade nut milk.
- 4 cups sliced raw almonds
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (use this, not the fine shreds)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted & chopped (probably about 8-12 dates)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix almonds and coconut flakes together on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and sea salt. Pour over almonds and coconut and mix well. Also, feel free to add more cinnamon or ginger if you want it spicier.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then, mix the granola and bake for 10-15 minutes more or until mixture is golden brown. (Note: I let mine get a little extra toasty this time around, so it’s a little darker than golden!).
- Let granola cool a bit and then mix in the chopped dates.