Ghosts of Halloween’s Past

Sadly, I won’t be dressing up this year (that makes two years in a row of not dressing up!), but for entertainment purposes, here are some costumes from the recent past. Enjoy and happy Halloween all! (Note: please excuse the poor quality on some of the pictures).

Pumpkin carving with my sis, Amanda. Circa 2005.
Halloween 2006 in the dorms at Michigan State, scary Alice in Wonderland.
My senior year of college, October 2007, in Michigan. Didn’t dress up this year, but did do some pumpkin carving with my roommates. It was so warm at the pumpkin patch this year!
My first Halloween living in Portland, 2008. Hot fighter pilot.
And this was Jesse’s costume in 2008 — we called him Wolverqueeny. Also, he told me not to post this, but I did anyway. Yours truly, Jesse!
Halloween 2009, we went as vikings. We joked that Jesse was a disco viking because he wore uber tight, plaid bellbottoms.
Halloween 2010, the last year that Jesse and I dressed up. I was a goddess and Jesse was Abe Lincoln. Please know, his beard is 100% real.
Another shot from 2010.

9 thoughts on “Ghosts of Halloween’s Past

1. Cinnamoneats October 31, 2012 / 10:37 am

I love all the costumes, especially wolverqueeny LOL! And a real beard now that’s dedication! As you may know Halloween isn’t very big in Australia in fact it wasn’t until just a couple of years ago that it started to take off and I think this year was the first time they actually had pumpkins in some shops. When I was growing up there was no such thing as Halloween so I’ve never ever dressed up. Now my nieces do since most of their friends at school dress up and it’s just an excuse for them to dress up as princesses for a day lol.

I did get excited when I saw how people decorate their houses here and snapped lots of pics to send home to say hey look this is how they do it over here. In Australia you’re lucky to get one or 2 houses in a street with Halloween displays.

2. paleoinpdx October 31, 2012 / 10:40 am

Wow, I didn’t know that! I can’t imagine growing up without Halloween, but of course it’s different if you don’t know any different.

• Cinnamoneats October 31, 2012 / 3:54 pm

That’s true…. I can’t imagine growing up with Halloween hehe πŸ™‚

3. Jill November 1, 2012 / 4:08 pm

You look like Blake Lively! Lucky gal πŸ™‚
    Happy late halloween.

Jill
    (Reader, rarely comment).

• paleoinpdx November 1, 2012 / 4:14 pm

Whoa, really?! That’s a first, but thanks! To be honest, I’m not super familiar with her, so I had to look her up to see what she looked like. She’s definitely a pretty gal! If only I was as well endowed in the chest as her. You get what you get though πŸ˜‰

• Jill November 2, 2012 / 4:14 pm

Ha ha…I’m like Salma Blair…flat as a pancake. Oh well!

• paleoinpdx November 3, 2012 / 10:21 am

Yep, I feel ya there, Jill!

4. Corrie Anne November 1, 2012 / 11:01 pm

What a fun post!!!!! I actually didn’t really grow up with Halloween stuff/dressing up because my parents weren’t fans. And I’ve never gotten into it either. But it’s fun to see costumes!!!

• paleoinpdx November 2, 2012 / 10:35 am

Thanks, I had a good time reminiscing over the photos. It was fun for me too! I’m glad you enjoy the costumes, even if you’re not into dressing up yourself πŸ˜‰