This is sort of an odd combination and I admit that it’s not the prettiest looking thing, but it is surprisingly refreshing and satisfying. Not only that, but it comes together in a pinch and is a great way to use up a ripe avocado. Feel free to vary the apple variety, choosing a sweeter or more tart variety depending on your tastes. I happened to have a some Gala
apples on hand from my CSA box, so it was an easy decision. Furthermore, you can also vary the dried fruit.
- 3/4 large avocado
- 1 small apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup coconut water (I like this brand and this brand best)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened dried currants, optional
Blend everything together in a food processor until well blended and creamy. If need be, add more coconut water to adjust the consistency to your liking. Chill or enjoy at room temperature.
Total time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1-2 servings