This egg dish has a beautiful presentation when it first comes out of the oven. It’s puffy and soufflé-like, but then quickly deflates. I recommend serving it with steamed or sautéed leafy greens, but feel free to serve it with whatever veggie you like. Avocado on top is great too.
Chicken Curry Egg Bake
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 6 eggs, preferably pasture-raised
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp grass-fed butter, melted & cooled to room temp (plus extra for greasing pan & sautéing leek)
- 1 leek, chopped (or yellow onion)
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Chives for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 10-inch pie pan or 2-quart casserole dish.
- Melt a little butter over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet. Add leek and sauté for a few minutes, until softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, and coconut milk until frothy. Next, add the shredded chicken, sautéed leek, curry powder, and sea salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour into the greased casserole dish or pie pan. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve with vegetable of choice and garnish with chopped chives, if using.
Yields: 4 entree-sized servings