New Year’s Eve and a Birthday Celebration

(Photo credit: solution4computer.com)
Tonight, we roll into 2013. (Photo credit: solution4computer.com)

A year always goes by in the blink of an eye, doesn’t it? It’s hard to believe it’s already the last day of the year. I think I say this nearly every year, but it’s always true. I was blessed with many opportunities and gifts in 2012 and I look forward to what 2013 brings. Tonight, I’ll be enjoying an evening out with Jesse and a couple of our friends. The night will start with dinner at Equinox and where it takes us from there, nobody knows.

On another note, I want to wish my dear fiancee (so weird to say that!), Jesse, a happy birthday! Cheers to 32 years young! I love you dearly and because I love you so much, I decided to pay homage to you in pictures. I can’t wait to celebrate with you and our friends tonight.

Meanwhile, what are all of you — my friends, family and followers — doing to roll in the New Year? Whatever it may be, I hope it’s meaningful to you, whether it’s a night out on the town or cuddled up at home on the sofa. I hope it includes good food (and maybe drink) too.

Oh, and after all the holiday stuff wraps up, I will post more pictures from Hawaii … promise!

Happy birthday to you, Jesse. I love you and can't wait to marry you!
Happy birthday to you, Jesse. I can’t wait to marry you, despite the images below. Note, this is from our recent trip to Honolulu.
I love you, even when you make yourself look creepy, like this.
I love you, even when you make yourself look creepy, like this.
Your strength makes up for any creepy look though.
Luckily, your strength makes up for any creepy look though.
And I love you when you fight with other boys like this.
I also love you when you fight with other boys like this.
At least you know how to accessorize yourself.
At least you know how to accessorize yourself, and choose really crummy beverages. Again though, creepy facial hair.
But you're adventurous, fun...
But you’re adventurous, fun, smart, handsome…
and you take good care of me, even when I drink too much on my birthday (my 24th birthday, to be exact). This picture is from that night, back in 2009.

12 thoughts on “New Year’s Eve and a Birthday Celebration

1. Megan December 31, 2012 / 7:25 am

So much adorableness and stache action!!! I don’t have any friends who accessorize with their mustaches any more and this post really made me miss college and the amounts of men that thought a handle bar stache was a great way to pick up chicks on a Friday night!

• paleoinpdx December 31, 2012 / 8:58 am

Jesse has always enjoyed experimenting with his facial hair, as you can tell. Luckily, the mustaches never lasted more than a few days, or as long as Jesse could stand seeing himself in the mirror like that. We go pontooning with friends back home in Michigan nearly every summer, and he sometimes shaves a creepy stache for the occasion.

2. Cinnamoneats December 31, 2012 / 8:36 am

Hahaha the zebra print scarf cracked me up! Happy New Year Alisa! Wish you all the best in the coming year… I’m glad I came across your blog and have gotten to know you a little over this time 🙂

Enjoy the night and happy birthday to your fiancee 😉

• paleoinpdx December 31, 2012 / 8:59 am

I know it is pretty funny. Thankfully, it isn’t his though! He just put it on for kicks. I’m really glad I’ve gotten to know you a bit too, Naz and I wish you a happy New Year!

3. Thomas December 31, 2012 / 9:31 am

Looms like your having fun all the time, lucky sods. happy New Year Dudes

• paleoinpdx December 31, 2012 / 11:53 am

Haha, thanks Thomas! Happy New Year to you too!

4. Craving4More December 31, 2012 / 10:44 am

Happy Birthday wishes to Jesse and Happy 2013 to you both! SO, which cake did you decide to make??

• paleoinpdx December 31, 2012 / 11:51 am

Thank you and best wishes to you too! I’m making The Food Lovers’ coconut cake (in their book Make it Paleo), but with raw honey instead of maple syrup. I gave Jesse the option for chocolate, but he wanted this with a lemon coconut vegan frosting. I posted the link to the frosting on my Facebook page. I made it with full-fat coconut milk instead of almond though because I didn’t have any almond milk made. The frosting turned out great and I’ll bake the cake and assemble it today. We’ll eat it tomorrow since we have dinner plans out tonight. I can’t wait to taste it altogether. I love this cake so much, but I’ve always made it with a different frosting. Should be tasty!

5. flamidwyfe December 31, 2012 / 12:11 pm

Happy New Year to you both! And happy birthday to Jesse!

• paleoinpdx December 31, 2012 / 12:18 pm

Thanks, I will pass on the message! Happy New Year to you too 🙂

6. girlmeetspaleo December 31, 2012 / 3:29 pm

haha man fights, too funny!!! Hope you have a great new year!!!!

• paleoinpdx December 31, 2012 / 3:53 pm

I know, right? Thanks, happy New Year to you too!