Sometimes, I have moments where I’ll be sitting on the sofa, dilly-dallying or working on my computer, and suddenly get the urge to get up and make something in the kitchen pronto! It seriously happens out of the blue. These baked delicata squash fries are the result of one of those moments.
This is a simple recipe and maybe something you’ve made or tried before, but for me it was new. Sure, I roast veggies and squash all the time, but this was my first attempt at squash fries.
Anyway, make these and do your best to save some for your husband, wife, significant other, roomie, kids, etc. If you want though, you can keep them all to yourself and I won’t blame you one bit. I resisted eating the whole batch and saved some for Jesse. Could I have downed the whole batch? Yes, easily. But, I felt like Jesse deserved to taste these cinnamon-coated morsels, especially because he loves delicata squash so much.
Baked Delicata Squash Fries
- 1 medium delicata squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (remove seeds from center after cutting)
- 2 Tbsp melted grass-fed ghee or coconut oil
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place squash rounds on a baking sheet and pour melted ghee over top. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, chili powder and sea salt, and toss together.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring a couple times to prevent burning.
- Serve right away, as the fries get kinda soggy after sitting out for a while.