Remember how I said I’d work on posting more breakfast recipes last week? Well, I’m on it and have an incredibly easy and satisfying one for you today. This recipe is great not only for breakfast, but also for lunch or dinner. In fact, I made it for my lunch this past weekend. Feel free to swap out the cabbage for another vegetable, based on what you like and have on hand. Kale, spinach, chard or collards would also work well. For a little extra fat and nutrients, serve with sliced avocado too.
Another great thing about this recipe, is that you can make it ahead of time and reheat it later on. So, if you need breakfast to-go in the morning, make this the night before and grab it out of the fridge before you leave. It holds up just fine in the fridge, reheats well and is more exciting than an on-the-go breakfast of hard-boiled eggs and such.
Meanwhile, be sure to check back tomorrow for a tasty, decadent treat recipe. Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday after all! I’ve got to follow suit. No, it’s not a king cake either. It’s much simpler than that, and it’s not cake period.
- 1/2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 3-4 oz smoked wild salmon fillet or lox, shredded (I use this brand)
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 pastured eggs, beaten
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 2 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- Black lava finishing salt for garnish, optional (I use this brand)
- Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and season with sea salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth and saute a few minutes, until softened.
- Next, add the eggs, smoked salmon and coconut milk. Add more sea salt and pepper, if desired. Mix together with a spatula and continue to cook over medium-low heat until eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with black lava salt, if using.
Yields: 1 serving
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.