This creamy cinnamon chicken is like having dessert for dinner. It is decadent, creamy, and full of coconut and cinnamon flavor. I recommend serving it over mashed butternut squash, as it tastes fabulous with the natural sweetness. It is an incredible combo!
On another note, it’s officially my birthday week! I enjoy celebrating my birthday every year, whether I do something low-key or not. I don’t typically celebrate all week long and don’t really have time to do so right now, but will do something special on my actual birthday. It’s this Saturday and I’ll be turning 28 years young.
Creamy Cinnamon Chicken
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1-3 tsp coconut flour, if needed for thickening
- Butternut squash, roasted and mashed, for serving, optional
- Melt coconut pan in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and saute a few minutes. Mix in the cinnamon and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and the coconut butter; stir. Allow chicken to continue to cook over medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes. Thicken with coconut flour if needed and add up to 1/2 cup more coconut milk, if needed or desired.
- I recommend serving over mashed butternut squash. Alternatively, you can serve with a veggie of your choice.
Yields: ~5 servings