I deemed it time for more funny confessions. I had a lot of fun with this last time and hopefully, learning a bit more about me and my quirks is entertaining for you too. Enjoy and happy Thursday!
- I double-dip all the time. This is specific to things like coconut or almond butter. Sometimes, if I’m trying to not double-dip for whatever reason, I’ll use the other end of my utensil to scoop up some more. I know, it’s kinda silly and at some point, I end up double-dipping anyway. I guess I’m courteous to a point, but then I don’t care. Jesse never knows anyway, but I know he does it too!
- When I was really young, I wanted to be a dental hygienist. Then, from about 4th grade on, I wanted to be an interior designer. I studied interior design my first 1-1/2 years of college, but ended up changing my major. I did not like drafting or CAD at all! I switched to communication/public relations and transferred schools. During my senior year, I became interested in kinesiology and physical therapy, but never said or did anything about it. It already took me an extra year to get my BA because of changing my major once, and I was anxious to be done. Sometimes, I still wonder though, but I don’t dwell.
- The other day, I was told not to be intimidated by the product, Muscle Milk. I was helping coach class at the gym and two Muscle Milk reps walked in, at the most inopportune time. The two gals approached me and asked if we wanted some samples for the gym. I immediately said no, and they both looked shocked. That’s when one of them told me not to be intimidated by the name, Muscle Milk and said that it’s just a protein drink. Trying not to laugh, I told her I knew what it was, but did NOT want any (I think the disgusted look on my face said it all). Seriously, nobody should be drinking that stuff…it’s a chemical sh*tstorm! I mean it, go look up the ingredient label. It’s horrendous. Unfortunately, they ended up leaving a few because a gym member wanted some. I told Jason Seib this story when I was out at his gym yesterday, and he told me I should’ve flexed for the girl when she told me not to be intimidated by Muscle Milk!
- I cooked and ate a fresh artichoke for the first time yesterday. We received two in our CSA box this week, but normally, I wouldn’t buy them. I had no clue how to prepare them, but luckily my friend, Laura filled me in. If it hadn’t been her, it would’ve been my friend, Google. Anyway, the edible parts tasted good, but it seemed like a whole lot of fuss for a tiny bit of artichoke. About 95% of the darn thing isn’t even edible! To me, it just seems like an excuse for people to eat butter, but who needs an excuse? I love me some butter!
- I am terrible at sports. I move well and have good coordination, but for some reason, am not proficient at sports. I danced for 12 years, and dabbled in some occasional tennis lessons and t-ball (which I quit at age 4 because I didn’t like the coach), but have never been good at sports. I think it’s a lack of confidence, some fear, and not having a very competitive drive. I actually played adult kickball when I first moved to Portland, about 5 years ago and it was nothing but embarrassment. I thought I’d be fine because I remembered liking kickball as a kid and figured, heck, all I have to do is kick a big red ball. Oh boy, was I wrong. People took this stuff seriously and well, I did not. I dawdled when in the outfield and prayed that the ball wouldn’t come my way. I tried to kick the ball successfully, but the pitchers used different techniques, making it hard to kick. When I did kick it, the ball usually got caught right away. Needless to say, I did not sign up again. Getting pats on the back and, “nice try” comments wasn’t enough for me. On the plus side, Jesse and I got to see our friends every week and go out after the games. That was the only part I liked.