Lately, I’ve been making a lot more cauliflower rice. I love the versatility of it and enjoy creating different variations like I did with this red coconut cauliflower rice. This “rice” gets its red color from paprika and cayenne, and is cooked with unsweetened coconut flakes and coconut oil. It’s delicious!
I think I’m also making more cauliflower rice because I got a bigger and better food processor that makes prep a breeze. Before, I was using a tiny 4-cup prep food processor and had to rice cauliflower in multiple batches, which took a fair amount of time. It didn’t come as a big surprise when the motor in that little guy crapped out. I always pushed its limits and take full credit for its death. On the bright side, I got my money back, even after having it for over a year. And, now, my 11-cup Cuisinart rices the crap out of cauliflower!
Red Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3-4 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Toss chopped cauliflower pieces into the food processor. Pulse several times until cauliflower is riced.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the riced cauliflower and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Cook for a couple minutes. Then, add the cayenne and paprika, and stir.
- Continue to cook for a few more minutes over medium-low heat. Adjust seasonings if need be.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded coconut.