I Bow My Head in Gratitude

New Orleans: Thank you message in the grotto o...
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I am taking a break from food today to say express my gratitude. I just have to get it off my chest, and nearly want to shout it from the rooftops!

I am thankful, every single day, for this life and what I’m creating for myself. Up until 10 months ago, I never knew life could be this satisfying and amazing. I was at a job that made me unhappy and stressed (stressed because I felt like I could never do anything good enough and I often felt like I was walking on eggshells), and I was not pursuing my passions or using my energy to its greatest capacity. I’ve said this before, but getting laid off from that job was the best thing that could have happened to me. Since that time, I’ve changed my attitude and perspective, surrounded myself with positive people and finally started pursuing things that mattered to me. And guess what? Opportunities fell into my lap effortlessly, and all the jobs I have now I did not apply for, but rather, they were offered to me: coaching at Recreate Fitness, making treats at Cultured Caveman, freelance writing for a former co-worker’s side business and now, doing some PR work for Jason Seib, my mentor and author of the fantastic new book, The Paleo Coach. Having people who believe in me and want ME is an awesome feeling. I am so blessed and I know it might sound sappy, but sometimes, all I can do is cry because I’m so happy. I also am a bit of a softy and show emotion easily. But, do you see how important it is to be pursuing the things that matter to you? Don’t settle for less…it’s not worth it and life is too short.

What are you creating for yourself? Are you pursuing the things that are near and dear to your heart? If not, what’s stopping you?

Don’t mind the grammatical error on here, but please know, I did not create this! It should read: Optimism, it’s the best way to see life.

14 thoughts on “I Bow My Head in Gratitude

1. Kari Sobeck April 11, 2013 / 11:26 am

Good for you, Alisa! I, too, was in a situation like you. My position was terminated and that, even though difficult at the time, was the best thing that happened to me.

• paleoinpdx April 11, 2013 / 11:30 am

I remember the day so clearly…I called Jesse right away expressing my relief and excitement. It felt like a ton of bricks were lifted from my shoulders, and everything kept getting better from there. I’m happy to hear you were able to experience this too ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Naz (@CinnamonEats) April 11, 2013 / 1:04 pm

Fantastic post Alisa, I know how hard it is when you’re in a job you don’t like, the daily grind and having to push through! As you know obviously I love cooking but I also love working with kids and teaching, so after a few years of being out of the classroom I’m ready to step back in! Going to meet with a couple of teaching agencies here and get my feet back in the water… it’s scary since I’ve been out for a while but I feel like it’s now time to get back in! I don’t know maybe after this time of being out of the classroom I’ll go back and hate it? Or I’ll remember how much I loved being a teacher!

Happy that everything is working well for you, it’s been fantastic getting to know you and your story… hopefully one day we’ll meet in real life!

• paleoinpdx April 11, 2013 / 2:34 pm

Thanks, Naz! Your words mean a lot ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope things work out for you with going back to teaching, but remember, they can if you really want them to…you just need to manifest it!

I really hope we can meet one day too, and I think we will! I’d love to visit the UK ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Naz (@CinnamonEats) April 11, 2013 / 2:43 pm

I know but I must admit it is scary! I know I just have to jump in with both feet! Would love for you to visit us here ๐Ÿ™‚ Europe is just something different… you can’t compare it to anywhere else really.

• paleoinpdx April 11, 2013 / 2:44 pm

That’s right, you just need to trust your gut and take a leap of faith! I’ve been to Europe before, but it was over 10 years ago and I was in Germany, Switzerland and France. I’ve never been to the UK though!

• Naz (@CinnamonEats) April 11, 2013 / 2:46 pm

Yes! ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh lovely! I’m eager to start traveling here, hopefully soon! UK is much like other parts of Europe, the whole old looking buildings, lots of history etc… ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Craving4More April 11, 2013 / 3:06 pm

You are so right! Gratitude truly is what makes life worthwhile – and it takes an amazing person, like yourself, to grow and understand that. Congratulations!

• paleoinpdx April 11, 2013 / 9:42 pm

I appreciate that, Ashley. Thank you!

4. Shonnie April 11, 2013 / 3:23 pm

Very Happy for you Girl! ๐Ÿ˜€

5. Megan April 12, 2013 / 6:17 am

So happy everything is working out so fabulously for you!