Eat this hash for breakfast, lunch or dinner because it’s delicious anytime! The hash mixture would also be wonderful mixed into scrambled eggs, especially if runny eggs aren’t your thing. I love runny eggs now, but haven’t always felt that way, so I get it!
Turkey Sausage Veggie Hash
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Dash of nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp chicken bone broth
- Sunny side-up pastured eggs for serving, optional
- Melt butter, ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and break up with a spatula. Then, add the chopped garlic. Season with a little sea salt and pepper, and continue to cook.
- Next, add the radishes, carrots, spices, bone broth, and a bit more sea salt and pepper; stir. Continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Then, add the torn spinach leaves. Cook another couple minutes, until spinach softens a bit. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Optional to serve with a sunny-side up egg on top.
Yields: 3 servings