I’ve been a bit inspired by mango lately (remember my mango chicken curry?). Probably because they’ve been on sale so much and seem to catch my eye at the grocery store. So, it only seemed fitting to make this ginger lime chicken with mango. It’s a delicious, fresh and light summery meal.
Also, I love getting the “mango pop” after cutting the majority of the flesh off the pit. Jesse then tells me he wants a mango pop and that it’s not fair. Okay, not really, but if you watch the show Louie C.K., you probably know what I’m talking about. Check out the clip below if you don’t. It’s a goodie.
Louis C.K. Mango Pop/Life Lessons
Cheers and enjoy!
Ginger Lime Chicken with Mango
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 inch ginger cube, grated
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (keep some seeds if you want it spicier)
- 1 medium-sized red mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger, jalapeno and garlic, and saute about 30 seconds. Then, add the chicken tenders and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chili powder atop of the chicken and stir.
- Continue to cook chicken for about 10 minutes, flipping occasionally. Then, add the lime juice and mango. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Once done, remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Serve with vegetable of choice. We had sauteed kale with halved cherry tomatoes.
Yields: 2 servings