Doesn’t this curried skirt steak and veggies just scream comfort food? Look at it in all its glory sitting atop of that buttery cauliflower mash? Are you drooling yet? It’s so fresh and divine, yet simple.
On an unrelated note, I’m hoping for some better sleep this weekend. The past couple nights have been problematic for me, with lots of tossing n’ turning and frequent waking. We did have a full moon this week though, so that’s probably why. I kid you not, but literally every time there’s a full moon, I do not sleep well. I know this isn’t uncommon, but sometimes I wonder if I’m going to turn into a freaking werewolf or something!
Other than that, I’m thinking Jesse and I will have a date night this weekend. I think we could both use it and we haven’t had a date night in a long time. Usually it just consists of dinner out, but it’s good enough for the both of us and kinda fun to wear normal clothes for a change too since we live in workout clothes.
Cheers and enjoy!
Curried Skirt Steak and Veggies
- 1/2 Tbsp grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb skirt steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup homemade or good-quality chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 large kale leaves, stemmed and chopped
- Melt butter, ghee or coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add the skirt steak strips and season to taste with sea salt. Stir and continue to saute.
- After a 2-3 minutes, add the curry powder, smoked paprika, coriander and chicken broth. Stir and then add the cherry tomatoes. Continue to cook for another minute, and then add the kale leaves.
- After another minute or so, once the meat is cooked through and the kale is softened, remove from heat and serve. I recommend eating over buttery mashed cauliflower. It’s even good all on its own.
Yields: 2 servings