I think I could coin this beef slaw with creamy sunflower sauce as a lazy man or woman’s recipe because it involves very little time and effort, yet yields great texture and flavor. It’s creamy, crunchy, savory, salty (in a good way — not overdone) and downright 100 percent delicious. It’s a nice go-to on those extra busy days because it is incredibly simple and still allows you to have a delicious, healthy meal on the table in a pinch. I think it’s a win-win for everyone.
Cheers and hope you enjoy my lazy recipe!
Beef Slaw with Creamy Sunflower Sauce
For the beef slaw:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 heads of baby bok choy, chopped
- 12 oz bag of broccoli slaw
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and stir. After about 2 minutes, add the ground beef and break up with a spatula. Season with a little sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add the chopped baby bok choy and stir. Then, add the broccoli slaw and toss again. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper, and cook for another minute.
- Next, add the sauce (recipe below) and stir well, making sure everything gets well coated. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened sunflower seed butter (I used this brand)
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp organic rice vinegar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp raw honey
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together until smooth. Taste and adjust flavor, as desired.