I have one thing to say about today’s Simple Supper Friday suggestion…leftovers! Leftovers are the best and easiest dinner of all. As a kid, I kind of despised leftovers and always turned up my nose when mom said that was what we were having, but now, they’re my saving grace.
Anyway, I kept my cooking basic this week, in preparation for the big Thanksgiving cook-off and feast. This is also where most of our grocery money was spent and now that Thanksgiving is over, we plan to eat leftovers for days. The sides will be finished quickly, but since we got a 13 lb bird for only two people, we’ll have lots of turkey to work with (yay!). I plan to make some recipes with the leftover meat, including a soup of some sort, but here are six suggestions and ideas in the meantime:
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo (make with turkey)
- Chicken Turkey ‘Noodle’ Soup
- Garlic Butter Noodles with Turkey & Broccoli (use leftover roast turkey instead of ground turkey)
- Cheater’s Chicken Pot Pie (make with turkey)
- Chicken Curry Egg Bake (make with turkey)