Well, Christmas is nearly upon us, as is the Winter Solstice. I absolutely savor this time of year and the time leading up to Christmas, so I’m not sure if I’m actually ready for it to be here. But, ready or not, here it comes! I do look forward to celebrating with Jesse though and tomorrow, we actually have a big party to go to at our boss’s house, which should be a blast. It’s going to be a full house, with about 40 people! Let’s just say there will be lots of merry making going on!
Meanwhile, here is the fantastic scramble I talked about on Facebook the other day. It’s so simple, obviously, and oh so good! The recipe only serves one, but can easily be doubled or tripled to feed more people.
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn into smaller pieces
- 3 eggs beaten, preferably pasture raised
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp pure tomato sauce (I like this brand)
- Splash of full-fat coconut milk (I like this brand or this brand)
- Avocado slices for serving, optional
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the torn spinach leaves and toss in the butter, until slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, sea salt, pepper, oregano, tomato sauce and coconut milk. Add to the pan with the spinach, adding a little more butter first, if needed.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring the eggs occasionally with a spatula to scramble the eggs. Once cooked through, remove from heat and serve with avocado slices, if desired. If you tolerate some dairy, grate some raw cheddar cheese one top (preferably grass-fed).
Yields: 1 serving