Sautés of ground meat and veggies like this southwest beef and broccoli slaw has been one of my favorite, easy, go-to meals lately. I can easily change the flavor by using different spices and Tessemae’s All Natural dressings, and adding any extra veggies I have on hand. It always satisfies and I don’t get sick of it.
My schedule varies and some nights I don’t get home until late in the evening, so having this easy and quick option to throw together is great. Plus, I always look forward to eating it. Also, even though I didn’t do it here, I usually always toss some avocado slices on top because avocado makes everything better.
Cheers and happy Friday!
Southwest Beef and Broccoli Slaw
- 1.5 tsp grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 large carrots, sliced into thin coins (rounds)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 oz bag broccoli slaw
- Tessemae’s Southwest Ranch, for drizzling on top, once served
- Melt butter, ghee or coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and garlic, and saute about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, add the ground beef and break up with a spatula. After a minute or so, add the sliced carrots and season to taste with a little sea salt and black pepper. Stir well, and then add the cumin and chili powder.
- After 5-7 minutes, once meat is browned, add the broccoli slaw. Stir and season to taste with a bit more sea salt and pepper, if desired.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes or until slaw has softened a bit.
- Once done, serve into bowls and drizzle Tessemae’s Southwest Ranch dressing on top. You can also drizzle this over the whole pan after removing it from the heat, but it’s a little spicy and best served individually. If desired, throw some avocado slices on top too.
Yields: 3 servings
This looks delicious! I’m always looking for different things to do with ground beef!
ALISA – hey! it’s alicia (peas) from alpena 🙂 I found your blog through something on Facebook (Jill Miller related I’m sure) and have been enTRENCHED in it (your blog!)! I must either do or want to do everything you’ve posted, from recipes to yoga to network marketing to oils to blogs to ….everything!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog, and am reaping great blessings from it (found out about thrive market from you, no idea….making your brocolli slaw recipe tonight, etc. etc. etc…..). Thank you for your vulnerability, your EXCELLENT writing (Mrs. Knight would be proud! 🙂 It annoys me when cool blogs are poorly written or commas in wrong spots…not here, my friends, not here), your wisdom, your ingenuity…just amazing and inspiring. I’ll be back for more, and maybe even to pick your brain, but for now, serious kudos girlfriend. So blessed to have found it, and I pray it’s a blessing for you. Glad to see that you are still the sweet Alisa from uptown ; )
Wow, Alicia! Thank you so much for your heartwarming words! Seriously, lady…means a lot to me and I am so flattered. I’m happy to hear you’re digging into everything on my blog and enjoying every bit of it too. Also, I really appreciate your comment about my writing! Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy my recipe that you’re trying out tonight and please let me know how it turns out. Anytime you want to pick my brain, I’m game. It’s awesome to learn that we have many common interests 🙂 Big hugs to you and again, thank you. I am so grateful and touched, and it’s wonderful to hear from an old friend 🙂 Today has already been a lovely day, but you made it even better <3