I’m sure most of you are familiar with Bulletproof® Coffee by now. You may not have tried it, but I’m sure you’ve at least heard of it. If you haven’t given it a shot yet, I highly recommend it. Honestly, there’s nothing that really compares. It’s just plain incredible and satisfying, and has become a regular part of my morning. Sometimes, I just do Bulletproof® Coffee to get my day started and other times, I have it with a few pieces of bacon or breakfast sausage. It is perfect and I look forward to it every day. I even get excited to go to bed at night, so I can wake up and drink butter coffee!
For those of you turning your nose up at the idea, I recommend giving it a try before making up your mind. Plus, do you (or did you used to) add cream to your coffee? Well, remember that butter is just cream that’s been churned anyway. If you do decide to try it, just make sure you BLEND it and don’t try to whisk it instead. Blending is key, otherwise you’re left with an oil slick on top of the cup and no foam. It is not the same! For more info about this great coffee, check out the Bulletproof® website to learn more.
Meanwhile, here’s how I take my Bulletproof® Coffee:
- 1.5 – 2 cups hot, good-quality coffee (I use homemade cold brew concentrate mixed w/ water & heated on the stove)
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin powder (I use this kind, which doesn’t gel)
- *1 Tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter
- *1 Tbsp MCT oil (start w/ 1 tsp if it’s new to you & work your way up to 1 Tbsp)
- Splash of full-fat coconut milk
*Note: you can also use ghee in place of butter and coconut oil in place of MCT oil
- Place butter, MCT oil, coconut milk and gelatin powder in bottom of blender (make sure your blender can tolerate hot liquids. I use this high-powered blender.).
- Add hot coffee and place lid on blender container. Blend on high for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour into large mug and enjoy. (Note: foam mustaches are not uncommon when drinking).
Yields: 1 serving