I’ve been meaning to share this recipe for grain-free pizza burgers all summer…oops! Time somehow slipped right on by, but it’s not too late! Plus, it is still burger season, although burgers are good anytime, really. Anyway, this pizza burger is a delicious way to mix things up!
Anyway, as you may recall, this year has been a huge transition for me, and it continues to be. That’s definitely been the priority, so my poor little blog has been on the back-burner, but it still lives on and so do I!
Cheers and enjoy!
Grain-Free Pizza Burgers
- 3/4 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 15 oz can no-sugar added pizza sauce (I used this one)
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese, preferably grass-fed
- 4 slices Applegate pepperoni (large size)
- Sprinkle of fresh-grated high-quality Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Mixed greens and veggies of choice, for serving
- Preheat grill for burgers. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together ground beef, Italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper. Form into two even sized patties.
- Once grill is hot, throw on the burgers. Cook to your preference. We usually do about 3.5 minutes each side for medium-rare. Once done, remove from grill.
- Warm up a little bit of the pizza sauce on the stove or in the microwave and spread a layer of sauce on top of each patty. Add the cheese and pepperoni to each. Dollop a little more sauce on top and garnish with Parmesan cheese, if using.
- Place burgers on top of a bed of mixed greens or veggies of choice for serving.
Yields: 2 servings